Federal regulations require Commercial Driver’s License holder to take the Department of Transportation physical exam every two years. During this thorough examination, certified physicians will conduct a series of tests, including urinalysis, height and weight measurement, blood pressure & heart rate as well as a checkup of eyes, ears and lung function. In addition, your medical history will also be reviewed to determine whether the driver’s physical condition fulfills CDL requirements to drive safely in present or in future.
Some of the requirements to pass the DOT Physical:
- 20/40 correctable vision in each eye
- Able to hear a forced whisper from 5 ft away in at least one ear
- Blood pressure under 160/100
- Blood sugar not exceeding 200
- Does not use any Schedule I drug
AFC Urgent Care Hillsdale is conveniently located at 2 Broadway, Hillsdale NJ. Visit us any day 7 days a week to receive a DOT physical, no appointment needed. For more information, please call 201-523-9222.